"...I am pleased to greet the participants of Synergy III, which this year addresses, two of Canada’s largest trade partners for educational services: China and India."
Hon. Stockwell Day
Minister of International Trade and
Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway
"...India, China and Ontario are leading by example when it comes to the sort of collaborative efforts that will lead our communities into the future."
Hon. John Milloy
Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities
"...China-Canada education partnership owes its achievements to the friendship between the Chinese and Canadian people. The two countries should continue to work together to push the China-Canada education cooperation to a new high."
Hon. Lan Lijun
Ambassador of the People's Republic of China to Canada
"The conference will prove an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas and learn from each other about the evolving opportunities in the education arena."
Hon Joseph Caron
Canadian High Commissioner to India
"I was privileged to be associated with the previous two "Synergy in Education" conferences in 2007 & 2008... In today’s competitive world, knowledge matters. And as such, Canada’s education institutions must play an increasingly international role."
Hon Deepak Obhrai, M.P.
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs
will focus on Canada-India, India-China & Canada-China.
Following the spectacular success of previous "Canada-India: A synergy in Education"
events held in 2007 & 2008 respectively, the much anticipated sequel in 2009
will feature another education giant, CHINA.
While Synergy I brought hundreds of Canadian institutions
together to discuss common India objectives, challenges and opportunities,
Synergy II conducted in partnership with ACCC & FICCI brought
specialists from India who discussed specific vocational areas and presented joint
Conceived by ICE Inc., a leading Canadian education event
organization, this event will once again take place at the Pearson Convention Center
near Toronto on September 17, 2009. Synergy '09 not only
highlights educational activities and opportunities in both countries, it presents
unrivaled networking opportunities and is a must attend for Canadian Institutions
and organizations interested in operating in either or both countries. This all
day event will feature sessions by CBIE, ACCC, Blakes, AUCC, Academica Group, Shastri
& CECN besides other distinguished speakers and will be co-hosted by two premiere
business organizations, the Canada-India & Canada-China Business Council.
- Encourage exchange of ideas
- Foster networking opportunities among the Canadian Universities & Colleges with
interest in India and China and also Indian & Chinese organizations with experience
in the 2 countries
- Further the interests of those currently involved in or contemplating involvement
in the education sector in India and/or China
- Continue to explore the sharing of opportunities in this burgeoning sector and to
create an active awareness & highlight each other’s experiences & opportunities
as well as pitfalls to avoid
- Provide a platform for institutions to showcase their programs & accomplishments
in India and China
- Exhibit the latest developments in the Indian and Chinese educational sector
- Continue to keep the momentum in the burgeoning Canada-India education sector while
engaging the growing Canada-China education corridor
- Canadian High Schools and their boards, NGO’s, Canadian Colleges and Universities
- The who’s who of Canadas internationalization efforts
- Canadian stake holders in the education domain such as ACCC, AUCC, CECN, CBIE, C-IBC,
CCBC, DFAIT, Shastri and more
- The Governments of Canada, India and China
- Canada-China Business Council members
- Canada-India Business Council members
- Canadian organizations planning educational ventures to India or China or both
September 17, 2009 (Thursday)
Synergy ’09 will be held at the Pearson Convention
Center near Toronto airport.
2638 Steeles Avenue E, Brampton, ON Canada L6T 4L7
This SlideShowPro photo gallery requires the Flash Player plugin and a web browser
Event Hotline: (647) 500 7011